Let me change your mind! or better yet let me change your believe system ! Sounds pretty scary doesn’t it ? No one wants to change anything let alone the very thing that tells them not to change anything. We all have heard the expression “Practice makes perfect” which is arguable to begin with based on how you define perfect, but the question I ask is : “What if you’ve been practicing something WRONG or practicing the WRONG thing? Would that make you perfectly wrong? or doing the wrong thing perfectly. plus if you’ve been doing something wrong for a long time it does not make it any better or right?! No, in fact makes it worse because you’ve had plenty of time to correct it but you haven’t.
“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel – P
If that were the case and your “believe system” or your mind was solely responsible for this practice of “wrong” wouldn’t you want to change it? or could you defend it because it has been doing so for a long time ?
Believe it or not, a great majority of us are following this very same pattern everyday of our lives So automatically that makes it transparent even when you start looking for them. The scientific name for this behavior is called “adaptation at the neuro synaptic level”. It’s part a useful pattern of learning at a very rudimentary level of the brain to automate tasks relieving the conscious mind for more real time events and activities. Its primary purpose is enhancing survival and adopting ways to protect you under threatening conditions, therefore fear based by it’s nature. It’s constantly blocking the flow of incoming things and possibilities labeling shutting down ideas and doors before they even have chance . The bigger problem is that this is mainly governed by a non cognitive part of the brain hidden from reasoning and logic. There are however variations where we consciously judge and reinforce our on going experiences.
As you see this gradual yet life long journey can put a lot dirt on ones reality glasses through which we see life. Therefore everyone’s reality differs not only by what they’ve seen and learned but also how much they have missed and misinterpreted due to their blocked vision. Knowing this and $3:50 cents will get you a coffee at the Starbucks. but knowing this and realizing you’ve been treating a permanent problem with a temporary solution! will wake you up like no triple espresso!!
I am sure if you’ve endured reading to this point you are expecting some answers or solutions, so I’ll do my best to share a list of a few I’ve found beneficial and effective.
- Self realization.
- Removing yourself from environments and people that reinforce What you DON”T want in your life.
- Re-patterning the brain and even the body through Brainwave entrainment.
- Increasing the space between thoughts to allow expansion of your consciousness.
- Re examining all your aversions and dislikes towards individuals and concepts.
- Most importantly focusing of what you WANT not what you don’t want.
- Focus on what you HAVE not what you don’t or can’t have.
- Always start with what CAN be done and rather forget about what Couldn’t be done.
- Don’t necessarily share a this or any new mind set with your tiers! No one wants you to change except for your true loved ones, but don’t expect them to know or guide you towards those changes. Let them see your changes and not merely hear your enthusiasm. Even then don’t be swayed by their opinions of the new you until you are well grounded in the new pattern.